Monday, August 22, 2011

Minnie Mouse Birthday!

So... A coworker approached me about creating a birthday cake for her daughter's first birthday. She'd seen the Minnie Mouse cake I'd made for one of her friends and said she wanted the same thing. I usually don't duplicate cakes if I can help it so I promised a variation. Originally she said it was for 30-40 people... No sweat! This was the first Minnie cake I had made...




After the invites were out and RSVP's in, she said she needed to up the number of servings. 80 people now! I had never heard of a 1st birthday party that big! She says "we're Portuguese".... Ah well, that explains it! LOL....

She ordered two smash cakes (1 to be used in pictures a week prior to the party), a dozen margarita cupcakes (YUM) and a cake to feed 80. She got this two tier chocolate with Oreo cookie filling cake and loved it! The Disney font was easy to mimic and we were in business. I'm a firm believer in the 'Less is more' approach and had to resist the urge to add bows and flowers everywhere. That would have made the cake too 'precious' and my client is more of a trendy forward kind of gal... Glad I could make this for her darling daughter Ava!






No comments:

Post a Comment